Rambler's Top100
Все новости World News

UK mobile firms threaten to sue Ofcom over spectrum

29 апреля 2008

U.K. mobile operators are threatening legal action against communications regulator Ofcom to delay September's auction of phone spectrum, The Guardian reports Monday, without citing sources.

Ofcom plans a multibillion-pound auction of the 3G expansion band in September.

The industry is angry about comments last week by Ofcom Chief Executive Ed Richards calling for a review of how they use their existing bandwidth, the report says. It says the companies argue that without a proper idea of what they can do with their existing spectrum, they can't calculate how much of the 3G expansion band they will need.

Last year, Ofcom proposed to refarm more than a third of the mobile phone spectrum used by Vodafone Group PLC and Telefonica SA's O2 to sell to rivals to run third-generation services.

Источник: Total Telecom

Заметили неточность или опечатку в тексте? Выделите её мышкой и нажмите: Ctrl + Enter. Спасибо!

Оставить свой комментарий:

Для комментирования необходимо авторизоваться!

Комментарии по материалу

Данный материал еще не комментировался.