|Телеком||ТВ и медиа||Облака||ПО||Кадры|
|ИТ в образовании||ИТ в медицине||Big Data||E-commerce||Спутниковая связь|
|Все новости||World News|
Mobile Analytics Poised for Strong Market Growth
|30 марта 2011|
While more than 90 percent of companies that provide mobile services say they want to incorporate mobile analytics into their business analysis, less than 20 percent currently do so, suggesting a potentially huge uptick in business for companies that offer mobile analytics tools, according to the latest report from Heavy Reading Mobile Networks Insider.
"In a recent survey, 92 percent of organizations that use, sell or provide mobile services indicated they wanted to incorporate mobile analytics to improve process efficiencies and eliminate costs," notes Denise Culver, research analyst with Heavy Reading Mobile Networks Insider and author of the report. "Increasingly, service providers consider mobile analytics as vital to achieving cost savings and productivity enhancements. Mobile analytics answers various questions, including how many people use particular operating systems, the types of devices they use, how long they spend on sites, and more."
There is no question that service providers and other brands are shifting dollars to the mobile channel, says Culver. "There needs to be a sense of urgency for service providers and others, in terms of social media, mobile Web, and mobile applications. This not only includes the need to shift dollars to mobile analytics, but it also includes the need to implement and use the mobile channel for consumer and customer acquisition and retention," she adds.
Key findings of Mobile Analytics: Strong Growth Potential Ahead include:
- More than 80 percent of brands do not use mobile analytic tools, leading to inaccurate data on campaign performance.
- One benefit of mobile analytics is enabling operators to intelligently personalize tiered pricing plans to better meet subscribers' needs, while increasing ARPU.
- Mobile analytics is being used in several ways, including prioritizing spending across the marketing mix.
- Over the next 18 to 24 months, mobile analytics will grow the most in North America, with Asia/Pacific and Latin American markets picking up speed.
- A major challenge for the industry is the lack of standardization between mobile browsers and operating systems.
Источник: Cellular news