|Телеком||ТВ и медиа||Облака||ПО||Кадры|
|ИТ в образовании||ИТ в медицине||Big Data||E-commerce||Спутниковая связь|
The IEC will recognize the top broadband innovations in Asia
|03 мая 2006|
With categories from "Access Network Technologies and Services” to “Content, Entertainment, Applications, and Services,” hundreds of submissions for the InfoVision Award exemplified the ICT (Information and Communication Technology) industry’s competitive environment for top broadband advancements.
With a detailed and anonymous judging system in place, IEC Content Director, Tom Costello, noted, “The competition was stiff with many fine entrants. The selection process was very difficult with an exceptional group of InfoVision Awards this year. We recognize InfoVision Finalists as products that provide superior service to the industry and the community.”
The IEC announced the paramount innovations in deployment in Asia with the IEC InfoVision Finalist Award. The winners of the 2006 InfoVision Finalist Award are the following companies and products in each of the respective categories:
- Access Network Technologies and Services: PacketFront (BECS, Control and provisioning system), Cisco Systems, Inc. (Cisco ME 3400 Series Ethernet Access Switches)
- Broadband Appliances, Devices, and Home Networking: Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. (Gateway with DVR IPTV Set-top Model IPN603MCG), Infineon Technologies (Complete VDSL2 IAD Design)
- Content, Entertainment, Applications, and Services: Cascade (QualiTVision – The Solution Behind the Success of now Broadband TV), Alcatel (Alcatel 5900 applications), Tut Systems (Astria Content Processor with MPEG-4 AVC Processing)
- Enabling Silicon and Component-Level Technologies: Metalink Ltd. (WLANPlus), TANDBERG Television (TANDBERG High Definition Intelligent Compression Engine (HD-ICE) for MPEG-4 AVC and Windows Media 9 Series (SMPTE VC-1)), Primarion (PX7510 Digital Point-of-Load (POL) Controller)
- Metro Network Technologies and Services: Lucent (Lucent Multimedia Access Platform), Redback Networks (SmartEdge 100), Alcatel (Alcatel 1850 Transport Service Switch (1850 TSS))
- Network and Services Management and Operations: Texas Instruments (PIQUA), SupportSoft (Service Automation Suite)
- Network Core Innovation and Advances: Newport Networks (1460 Session Border Controller), Asia Netcom (M-Flex), Cisco Systems (Application Velocity System)
- Wireless Broadband: Samsung Electronics Corp. (Wi-Bro CPE (Wi-Max Modem)), KT (KT WiBro), Harmonic Inc. (FLXLink T1/E1 Commercial Services Solution), Cisco Systems (Cisco 2700 Wireless Location Appliance), PCTEL, Inc. (PCTEL Roaming Client VE), Bridgewater Systems (Bridgewater Systems’ Dynamic Broadband Manager).
Products eligible for an InfoVision Award designation were commercially announced or in deployment within the Asia-Pacific region prior to the Broadband World Forum Asia 2006. Submissions were judged by a review committee composed of industry experts from vendor companies, service providers, and industry associations.
InfoVision Award winners will be selected from the group of finalists and announced at the Broadband World Forum Asia on Wednesday, 17 May at 10:45.
Заметили неточность или опечатку в тексте? Выделите её мышкой и нажмите: Ctrl + Enter. Спасибо!